Pain in pubic area, lower abdomen, increasing due to posture change. Done with colonoscopy. Taking debridat. Need advise?

feel pain in pubic area, lower abdomen, the pain is aggravated by certain posture change of trunk and early morning before wake up, feel very disturbed whenever has these unexplained supra-pubic pain for almost 2.5 years,consult urology doctor, normal for ultrasound kidney n bladder and recently 24 august 2013 undergo gastro-duodenoscopy and colonoscopy, results came out normal except for mild chronic gastritis n mild chronic inflammation, doctor prescribe me debridat 100mg but to no effect. please advise thank you

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No worries, simpler options can be exploited again

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do understand it could be difficult under such circumstances. However, I still think there are still other simpler options that could offer some help.

It would be interesting and important to know if you had any past history of bone or joint disease before.

A simple X ray of the public area, to ascertain the nature of the joint of the two pubic bones could be helpful. Inflammatory or demineralization lesions or bone masses could be very helpful. Simpler tests like erythrocyte sedimentation rate could be important to ascertain any inflammation.

It would also be very interesting to reevaluate the prostate gland. I do understand the tests that were offered were ok. However, while waiting, I would suggest you try out Anti inflammatory drugs (oral and injectable Diclofenac and steroids). These could offer some degree of help.

It is however important to continue using stomach protecting drugs like Cimetidine and Omeprazole.

Steroids and non steroidal antiflammatory drugs, a reevaluation appropriate X rays (anterior) of the pubic region and joint could be most helpful.

Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free giving me any updated information that could help and asking specific follow up questions. I would be glad to address or contribute to your well being. Wishing you good health.

Bain LE, MD