Pain in penis, scrotuma and prostate after oral sex. Negative for STDs. Why is it recurring?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi doctor. I am reasking a question I asked earlier as I was not satisfied with the answer I received. I hope this ok and that this post will not be deleted. The following is a copy/paste from the previous post:

I am asking this question in reference to my very first inquiries with healthcare magic as a followup.

I originally contacted healthcare magic regarding prostatis I was being treated for here in the States by my urologist. I was having pain in my penis, some in my scrotum and some in my prostate. It lined up time wise with oral sex I had received so I was tested by urine for STDs as well as a full blood profile for all STDs. All were negative.

I was placed on antibiotics for several rounds but the amount I was taking gave me thrush and I was forced to stop. Eventually all of my problems subsided until I received oral sex again and the pain returned. I do not engage in sexual activity that is XXXXXXX ..my girlfriend is a nurse and is tested regularly. Neither of us are sexually active with intercourse...in fact other than oral, I am a virgin. I have been only with three girls total in the past 2 years (two prior to my current girlfriend) and all get tested regularly just in case. So with that said and the fact that my STD blood and urine full profiles are all clean, I cannot figure out how or why this is happening.

I have no other symptoms than a dull pain in my penis. No fever. No lesions. No discharge. No rashes. No night sweats. No pain when urinating or burning.

Cranberry supplements help the pain to subside.

I am otherwise healthy and work hard to never put myself in positions to become sick. After clean urine and blood work and the fact that I do not engage in intercourse, what could be causing this? And why would the agitation of oral sex bring it on almost instantly? I feel like there must be a logical explanation that is being overlooked. Thank you for your help!!

XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotuma and prostate after oral sex. Negative for STDs. Why is it recurring? 3 minutes later
PS all pain is in my urethra area not on the outside. And the first time I experienced this pain was 2 days after an oral contact with a girl who is also STD free. My urologist thinks there is no connection between oral sex and what I'm feeling especially since my blood and urine are clean buy that is the only thing that seems to trigger it.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query. I am very sorry for the delay in responding as I was a little held up.

I fully understand your concern.
As your Urologist told oral sex has nothing to do with Prostatitis. As all your blood and urine workup came up negative for STD, I don't think you still have prostatitis. Moreover as you presently have only dull pain over your penis and as there is no burning sensation during micturition, no discharge, no pain over your perineum, I do not think prostatitis is a likely diagnosis.
Through oral sex, one can get a balano posthitis ( inflammation of foreskin and glans penis), possibly due to oral thrush (yeast infection) or due to cleaning agents like soap or antiseptics or due saliva itself. That may cause dull pain over penis. It can be easily be cured either by anti fungal creams or some soothing agents.
If your urine is negative for pus cells and culture negative, prostatitis and urethral problems can just be ruled out.

If you have problem in urine, and the culture is positive then you can go for a prostatic massage and once again presence of pus cells in prostatic fluid or bacteria grown in culture of the same fluid proves a prostatitis.
Repeated prostatic massage is indicated in chronic prostatitis along with appropriate antibiotics.

Mostly your problem is not related to prostate and you should consult some genito-urinary physician or dermato venereologist. They will help you to get relieved of your penile pain.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotuma and prostate after oral sex. Negative for STDs. Why is it recurring? 37 minutes later
Hi doctor...thank you for your great information. I should clarify my pain is XXXXXXX and not on the outside. I am not familiar with the type of doctor you are recommending I go to. Could you provide a little more information on what I should look for in a specialist? Also, what could this pain inside of me be traced to? Can I relieve it with anything in the meantime? Thank you!!

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Pleased to answer your feed back questions.

With any pain inside urethra, you will definitely see presence of pus cells more than five or RBCs, in urine deposit examination. If not, it may usually due to external inflammation and you may not sometimes be able to identify whether it could be from inside or outside.

If you are not able to find a Dermato-venereologist or Genito urinary physician in your country, you can approach any special clinic dealing with STDs or an infectious disease specialist.
Only after examining your genitals, I can suggest any medication otherwise it may do harm rather than good to you.
Presently you can take some tablet contains Serratiopeptidase and paracetamol, in the dose of one tablet twice daily.

Lastly because of fear about STD also, you may feel some psychological pain. Your doctor can clear all your doubt and give you appropriate medicine.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotuma and prostate after oral sex. Negative for STDs. Why is it recurring? 2 hours later
Is it realistic to think I have an STD when my urine and blood were both clear for a full STD profile? Also...I have never had actual intercourse, only occasional oral
If so...what could it possibly be?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Thank you for your follow up questions.

STDs are more than 30 in number. Not all are possible to be concluded upon, with blood and urine tests. Some diseases like genital warts, Trichmoniasis may not be able to diagnose by blood and urine test. Some need clinical examination others need to be examined for the discharge of female partners etc.

By the screening of blood and urine, most of the major diseases can be diagnosed or eliminated. That is all.

As I said earlier, some problems like inflammation of foreskin and glans penis may likely to occur through oral sex, which can be easily diagnosed and treated by your physician.

Hope this helps you.

Dr S.Murugan