Pain in penis, scrotum and prostate after oral sex. What is causing this?

Good

Question
Hi doctor,

I am asking this question in reference to my very first inquiries with healthcare magic as a followup.

I originally contacted healthcare magic regarding prostatis I was being treated for here in the States by my urologist. I was having pain in my penis, some in my scrotum and some in my prostate. It lined up time wise with oral sex I had received so I was tested by urine for STDs as well as a full blood profile for all STDs. All were negative.

I was placed on antibiotics for several rounds but the amount I was taking gave me thrush and I was forced to stop. Eventually all of my problems subsided until I received oral sex again and the pain returned. I do not engage in sexual activity that is XXXXXXX ..my girlfriend is a nurse and is tested regularly. Neither of us are sexually active with intercourse...in fact other than oral, I am a virgin. I have been only with three girls total in the past 2 years (two prior to my current girlfriend) and all get tested regularly just in case. So with that said and the fact that my STD blood and urine full profiles are all clean, I cannot figure out how or why this is happening.

I have no other symptoms than a dull pain in my penis. No fever. No lesions. No discharge. No rashes. No night sweats. No pain when urinating or burning.

Cranberry supplements help the pain to subside.

I am otherwise healthy and work hard to never put myself in positions to become sick. After clean urine and blood work and the fact that I do not engage in intercourse, what could be causing this? And why would the agitation of oral sex bring it on almost instantly? I feel like there must be a logical explanation that is being overlooked. Thank you for your help!!

AAAAA
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 52 minutes later

I understood your problem and jot down the details. Apart from the dull pain in the penis you neither show up any other symptoms nor abnormal labs to diagnose as prostatitis. First of it I do not think the diagnosis is suitable for your case.

There seems no scientific explanation for a pain that comes up instantly after oral sex. No organism can travel so fast, multiply faster and fastest fight against your immune system to cause prostatitis. A past history of dull pain and treatment with multiple rounds antibiotics causing oral thrush could have eliminated the past troubling organisms. So it is not the organism that is responsible.

Now to other thing is the friction during the oral sex continued with heavy masturbation. This seems logical. So doing away with masturbation and fellatio for at least three weeks can end this malady.

The other possible explanation is, you know that mind and body work together. If there is a pain / problem in the body for long time the mind recognizes it and pity it. So if you take some help and get rid of the pain in the body by various therapy it is cured. The mind still recognizes the events and tries to pity it. Even if there is no pain the mind understand as if there is a problem. It needs a desensitization.

Hope these are logical. Let me understand if you have further ideas.

Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotum and prostate after oral sex. What is causing this? 27 minutes later
Hi doctor
Great info...thank you. Let's say there was something in me that needed to be diagnosed. What options would possibly be left as far as what it could be?
PS I actually feel relief when I urinate or ejaculate.

Also the initial time this happened it set in around 2 days after oral sex. Only the most recent time did it seem to be re-agitated instantly after.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later

If you were put on long duration of antibiotics your doctor would have tested for everything from blood, urine and Ultrasound Kidney and bladder with prostate.

You can get stool microscopy, microscopy & culture of the expressed prostrate secretions. Pain relief after urination or ejaculation can be referred pain from prostate.

Your doctor should consider the diagnosis of Chronic prostatitis / Pain syndrome. Some medications are available for chronic pain relief.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotum and prostate after oral sex. What is causing this? 4 minutes later
Is there a chance there's some kind of cyst inside my penis that is causing this pain? Does such a thing exist?

And do you feel confident that this has nothing to do with oral sex?

I never had stool or kidney tests. Should I suggest these?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 minutes later

A cyst in the penis - a very rare thing to hear

Instant pain after oral sex can be possible due to the constant friction and the sharp edges of the tooth. The excitement is so intense that any tissue can be injured. Hence I suggest to give it a break and abstain from masturbation too. It needs time to heal.

You can stool microscopy, Ultrasound KUB done. Prostatic secretions can be cultured to rule out any organism.

If you do not have further queries, please close our discussion and rate my answer.

Follow-up: Pain in penis, scrotum and prostate after oral sex. What is causing this? 2 minutes later
Hi doctor...the pain comes from within the urethra so teeth from oral would be unrealistic. Any additional ideas or possibilities?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
The frequent flow of sperm through the urethra is formed from different parts like testes, seminal vesicles and prostate. So an infection in any of these can cause pain like orchitis, seminal vesiculitis and prostatitis. The infection can be because of oral sex. The mouth harbors millions of organisms. The point I was trying to make was this organisms take a longer time to really cause havoc.

I will keep you posted if you there is anything worthy that strikes me.

Thank you doctor. So ultimately the advice for relief or cure would be what? Thank you

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Prevent further infection and friction by abstaining from sex and masturbation for at least 3 weeks. The longer the better.

Test with stool microscopy and prostate secretions. An Ultrasound of Kidney, Urinary bladder may be helpful.

Some pain relievers like Gabapentin / TCA's help.

Please use any answer clarification before you rate my answer.

All the best.