Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in penis during urination, white substance inside foreskin, pain in glans. Had inguinal hernia surgery.Is it an infection & any medical solution?

one month back i had ingunial hernia surgery on both sides.i am getting pain
to my penis when i am urinating.after this surgery i started dinking more water and i use to take liquid i use to go for urine frequently.presently i had more white coloured substance around my mucousmembrane(inner fore-skin layer).i am feeling pain at my glans.i never got any pains before the surgery.
can u give me solution to solve this problem.if it is a infection can u suggest me the medicine.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 41 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

Are your urinary complaints of pain in penis after urine still present or not?

The white colour substance around your glans and inside of your foreskin of penis is due to the lack of hygiene observed by you.

This substance is called as SMEGMA and needs to be cleaned with normal water every few days; otherwise it gets collected and may cause infection around your glans.

This pain in your glans is because of that infection around glans and is called as BALANITIS.

Clean your glans softly with water and apply local antibiotic cream like SOFRAMYCIN ointment twice daily.

Probably there won't be any need of oral antibiotics.

I hope to have answered your queries. You are welcome to ask any thing if you wish. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Thanks and wish you best of luck.
Follow-up: Pain in penis during urination, white substance inside foreskin, pain in glans. Had inguinal hernia surgery.Is it an infection & any medical solution? 18 hours later
pain is there for a while and then it disappears.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
The exact cause for the momentary pain that you are experiencing cannot be explained. I would suggest that you get an ultrasound of the kidney-ureter-bladder region and urine routine and microscopic examination done to help us pinpoint the exact cause. This will help us start appropriate therapy.
Once you have the reports, I would request you to upload them using the "Upload your reports" section on the right.
I wish you the very best.