Pain in oesophagus, pasty stools, burning sensation in stomach, weakness, low appetite. Have IBS. Suggest natural treatment

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2013
Jun 2013
Question
Dear sir

I am having severe digestion problems since the last 14 years now (doctors have told me that i have IBS), I am currently 36 years of age with ht of 170 cm & weight of around 47Kgs, since the last 7-10 days the situation has gone worse, i am having pasty stools (max. 2 times in the morning hours), pain in the esophagus, burning sensation in the stomach area & i am unable to have food, have excessive weakness & headache because of the same
Pls. help with some natural treament
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 18 minutes later
Hi there,

I understand that you have not only IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but also problems with digestion and gastritis / esophagitis. It would be in your best interest to make sure that you are being regularly taken care of by a doctor who is well versed in the GI treatment of this condition. Methylprednisolone or Dexamethasone started at high doses and tapered down can help with the IBS. Seeing a GI doctor who can advise you regarding the same will also be helpful.

Since you are seeking natural treatment, yoga pranayama and ayurvedic treatments are natural treatments that are helpful. Relieving anxiety is a huge part of your problem and it will help with your condition greatly. I am sure a therapist or a psychiatrist that is qualified to treat anxiety conditions will help you immensely. I hope you get to see one as soon as you can. Multivitamins and multiminerals are also helpful in decreasing your weight loss.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Take care and have a lovely day !

Follow-up: Pain in oesophagus, pasty stools, burning sensation in stomach, weakness, low appetite. Have IBS. Suggest natural treatment 1 hour later
Hi

Can u pls. suggest any diet (vegetables & fruits) that i can take & what should i avoid in totality

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 19 minutes later
Hi there ~

You can have all kinds of vegetables and fruits especially since you will also regulate your bowels well with these. Things that you might want to avoid is too much spicy food, too much oily food and too much meat. If you cannot avoid eating any of these totally you might want to do them in moderation.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !