Pain in neck spine behind throat, feeling of ball like lump & makes cracking noise when swallowing

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
i choke on rice and bread so i avoid it for around 2 years now.i have developed a pain in my neck spine behind my throat and today my windpipe feels like it has snapped !when i swallow it feels like theres a golf ball in my throat and it makes a cracking noise when i swallow?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 26 minutes later
Choking and acid reflux could signify an underlying gastrointestinal problem like esophagitis i.e inflammation of food pipe, or stricture or spasm of esophagus.
The same conditions can also give rise to pain in neck or in long term trigger asthma.
I would advise you consult a gastroenterologist for thorough evaluation and if necessary investigations like endoscopy or barium meal xrays etc to confirm the diagnosis.
The treatment would depend on the diagnosis.
Till then you may take antacids ( liquid) and tablets like pantoprazole once daily as per your physicians advice for temporary relief.
Please do not neglect your symptoms or self medicate.
Since it's been a long time, it would be best for you to get diagnosed and treated accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query.