Pain in lower stomach and having constipation. Had diverticulitis. Taking Levoflxacin and Metronidazol. No relief. Advise?

I am a male, age 58. I have had an off-and-on pain in my lower right side of the stomach for a week now. Does not hurt when I'm stationary-- only when I walk, and even then, not always. Overall, not really improving or getting worse. No diarrhea, but some constipation. Have had a history of some diverticulitis, although I realize that normally it affects the left side more than the right. Was just put on a regimen of Levoflxacin and Metronidazol. So far no change in symptoms, but only been on the meds for a day. Are we on the right track here? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
? Calculi

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Pain/Dull ache in the lower right side of the abdomen especially on the movement can be because of the calculi in the kidneys,ureter, and urinary bladder area.

Please go for the ultrasound of the kidney and ureteric area along with the complete urine examination to reach a diagnosis.

I do not think that taking the antibiotics without an established diagnosis is a right strategy.

Please let me know if you need more information.