Pain in lower sternum radiating left under ribcage. Upper abdomen is swollen, back pain and cramping. Suggest the treatment?

worsening pain just lower than sternum. radiating left to just under rib cage. Pain uner shoulder blade and under left arm near quads.
More info,
happened last week, then stopped. This episode, constant pain for 15 hours now. upper abdomen feels swollen. back pain and cramping right under left pectoral.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Pain just below the sternum and radiation to left side may be due to many cuases:
1. Acid peptic disease
2. Disease related to pancreas, liver or billiary system
3. Intestinal disease
4. It may also be lung, pleural or cardiac pain

So I will advise you to visit a Doctor who will ask your symptoms in detail and examine you to investigate and manage accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.