Pain in lower right back and metallic taste in mouth. What could it be?

Spine Surgeon
Question
I have pain in my lower right back and a metallic taste in my mouth
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to investigate

Detailed Answer:
These are two different things. Back pain may be due to paraspinal muscle spasm due to undue exertion. Again is it bCk pain or pain in the flank? If in ghe flank then it could be from tummy. I would suggest to consult a physician to pinpoint the problem. If it is from back then simple anti inflammatory with muscle relaxant should help.
coming to mettalic taste in mouth. Yhere are various reasons for this. Most vommon pregnancy due to hormonal changes XXXXXXX side effects of the medicines.
Let us know if there is any other medical history or any other symptoms. Thanks.

Follow-up: Pain in lower right back and metallic taste in mouth. What could it be? 4 minutes later
The pain in my lower right back has been getting worse over the last 3-4 months. Its just below my ribs on my back on the right side. The metalic taste started yesterday. I do have elevated uric acid occasionally.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
back pain need to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
The pain is most likely from the spine and need to get Xrays of the spine. Please consult a spine specialist to get a thorough exam. Most likely may be age related changes in spine causing the pain.
Are you taking any medicines which may cause metallic state. I think it will go away. Try some vitamin supplements as well. Thanks.

Follow-up: Pain in lower right back and metallic taste in mouth. What could it be? 7 hours later
Its not my spine because its not near my spine. The pain is in the area of my kidney on the right side.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
please get a thorough exam form the physician

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest to consult a physician to pinpoint the problem. If its more on the side then ultrasound of the tummy will help. Either kidney or liver related issues can cause such pains.
Also spinal pain could be on either side of the spine due to para spinal muscle spasm and does not necessary to be midline only. Thanks.