Pain in lower right abdomen while inhaling, burping and sneezing. Urine test and chest x-ray is fine. Any suggestion?

Pain in the lower right abdomen when I inhale ,burp ,sneeze for the last 3 days. Went to my DR Monday did urine test and chest x-ray both looked ok. He said it could be phrenic nerve possibly caused during thyroid surgery 2 weeks ago. He said give it a couple of days and see if it gets better. Talked to my DR that performed thyroid surgery and he is confident I didn't have any nerve damage. Condition has slightly worsened and hurts in my back too directly behind the area in the stomach. I'm scheduled for a fluoroscopy Friday. Looking for another opinion. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain may be due to muscular cause.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Then pain is localised and is aggravated due to rise in the intraabdominal pressure. So the cause of the pain is mostly due to muscular spasm of the abdominal muscles.

It is highly unlikely that nerve damage could be the cause for the pain.

You may need rest and analgesic for relief from pain.

A baseline ultrasound of the abdomen and CT scan may be done to rule out any other cause prior to fluoroscopy.

Hope the answer helps you.