Pain in lower neck radiating to collarbone. Diagnosed with GERD. Any suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a pain in my lower left neck that goes to my collarbone that only comes when I have gas come up as a burp. The gas comes up and as soon as it puts pressure on the spot in question it hurts buts goes away as soon as I burp. With in the last 8 months I have had a head ct, chest X-ray and barium swallow with only Finding out I have GERD. Everything else was fine.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you have described are likely to be due to GERD since the symptoms subside as soon as you burp.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper GI endoscopy. Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods. Also take some antacid but if the symptoms are severe, then you may need drugs like proton pump inhibitors.
I suggest you to consult a physician for proper prescriptions.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.