Pain in lower left side of stomach . What could this be?

Stomach Pain. Lower left side. Like kicked in the stomach. Came on sudden. No bowel movement associated
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diverticulitis is a possibility Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting you query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Diverticulitis is a possibility. CT scan of the abdomen may be done for confirmation. You may have to take a course of antibiotics for relief. Other possibilities are pelvic inflammatory disease and urinary tract infection. A scan and an urinalysis may be done to rule these out. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini