Pain in lower back, lower abdomen, feeling pulse in abdomen and appetite is normal. On advil. Concerned

Hi , I am a white male 48years of age. Non smoker and non drinker, very athletic.
Not the best diet. I have been experiencing pain in my lower back for about a week now.
The pain is 6 on a scale 1-10. Hurts when I lye down and when I raise out of bed or chairs on both right and left side. Experiencing pain in lower abdomen and can feel pulse on abdomen. Activity prior to pain was surfing in ocean for 3 straight hours. Did not feel pain until next day. Normal Urinating and regular bowel movements. Appetite is normal. On a regiment of Advil for the pain.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 4 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in .

I feel it would be best if you visit your physician immediately. Your symptoms of back pain, lower abdominal pain and pulsation on the abdomen, make me want to rule out an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Even though your age , risk factors etc don't fit into the picture, it would be best to rule it out.

In case you don't have any further queries, kindly accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan