Pain in lower back, fingers. Advise

Orthopaedic Surgeon
have regular lower back pain and sometimes it is unbearable and also the foot sole gets warm and severe pain and has become a regular pain.

Also the hand fingers pain
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
The pain in the back, hands and feet can be due to multiple causes at this age the commonest being poly arthralgia. Other causes can be rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.