Pain in lower back, burping and itching on breasts. Could this be an STD?

Apr 2014

hello is been 3 weeks i had pain in my lower back on the left side , when i raise my legs it hurts and when i sneeze it also hurts in there , i thought it was my back but i came to the conclusion that it could also be my kidneys i started taking some over the counter urinary help medicine ( i do not have pain when i go to pee ) and it helped with the pain but it is still there , other symptoms i have are runny nose and since yesterday pain and itchiness on my breasts and nipple area , from 1-10 i would say the pain is 8-9 and the itchiness 4-5 but in the night it gets worse and i see on my skin on the breast area and body as well sometimes a red rash but i am not sure if it is due to me scratching all over my body ( i try not to ) also is been twice that happens that i eat and then i start feeling pain on the same place on my back left side and i feel like gasses coming up and feel like burping then it makes me dizzy and i need to throw up and once i throw up the pain goes again , could this be an std ? i am very scared
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No,it is not due to STD.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You need proper clinical examination and investigations.
Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen,X-ray L/S Spine AP/Lateral,Upper GI endoscopy.Further investigations may be done if needed.
There may be various reasons for pain.
Causes may be visceral or musculoskeletal. Proper treatment can be done after clinical examination and investigation reports.

For skin rashes and running nose you can take tablet levocetrizine at night once daily for 10 days.
For immediate pain relief you should take rest and can take analgesics with muscle relaxants for one week.
It is unlikely that it is due to STD.

For acidity you can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for 4 weeks.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Follow-up: Pain in lower back, burping and itching on breasts. Could this be an STD? 43 minutes later
thank you so much for answering and I will definitely go to a doctor the issue is I don't have health insurance But the pain I am having is in my kidneys left side when I cough or sneeze it hurts there so I do not think is related with muscle pain although I am not a doctor. the other issue is my nipples are itching and sometimes they hurt could this be because I take birth control pills or I'm close to getting my period or could be something more serious, thanks
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
In kidney pain there is some radiation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query
Sorry for replying late

If kidney pain is due to calculus then in this case there is some radiation of pain and it is not associated with sneeze or cough.
It seems that pain is not due to Kidney problem.Definite cause can be ascertained by examination and investigations only.
So,you please consult your doctor and get the investigations done.
For itching over nipple,you can take antihistaminics like levocertrizine as advised earlier.It is not serious at all.If any problem,You can consult your doctor also.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care