Pain in lower back and red indent on buttocks. Are they related?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have pain in my lower back and a red XXXXXXX tha is indented on my buttocks on right side
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 8 hours later

Lower back pain and red indented XXXXXXX on the right buttock may or may not be related to each other.

Low back pain is associated with multiple conditions. Spondylolisthesis where there is forward displacement of one of the lower lumbar vertebrae over the vertebra below it or over the sacrum can cause a step or indentation. This condition would be a close possibility to explain your symptoms. However we would need plain radiographs (X-ray) to confirm the possibility / identify other causes of back ache. Therefore I suggest you to visit your nearest orthopedic for careful examination. He/she can guide you in getting X-rays of the affected area.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if needed.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.