Pain in lower back, abdomen, muscle tightness and diarrhea. What am I suffering from?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
pain right side lower back pain right side mid to lower abdominal pain along w/overall lower extremity muscle tightness and cramping w/right shoulder/neck/trapezius tightness diahheara getting worse almost daily w/foot cramping and soreness I have a very red neck and upper chest and what appears to be some ringworm on my lower left calf
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You need medication and investigation Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and symptoms there is possibility of infection which can be viral or ringworm infestation. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day. Take tab Imodium for diarrhoea and drink ORS solution in water. You may need to take a course of antihelminth like mebendazole consulting your doctor. If not relieved you may need to do investigation like complete blood count,USG abdomen an if required MRI. Due to compression of this nerve root there is tingling numbness in your leg and pain associated with it. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.