Pain in lower abdomen, pain in testicle, prostrate gland inflammation

Pain in left lower abdomin and left testicle before sex. Extreme pain during ejaculation then the pain goes away. I am 39 year old male and had a vesectamy 6 months ago.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 21 minutes later

Two possibilities are coming to my mind from your symptoms and they should be evaluated thoroughly. These include:

1)     Post vasectomy pain syndrome which is characterized by debilitating genital pain condition that may develop immediately or several years after vasectomy and there is pain when achieving an erection and/or engaging in sexual intercourse. It can be due to testicular backpressure, overfull epididymides, chronic inflammation, infection, fibrosis, sperm granulomas and nerve entrapment.

2)The second possibility is of prostatitis which is an inflammation of the prostate gland. The typical symptoms of prostatitis are fever, pelvic, testicle, or rectal pain, frequent and painful urination and ejaculation and incomplete emptying of bladder.

You will need ultrasound, X-ray, and computerized tomography (CT) along with prostatic fluid examination and prostate specific antigen to rule out these causes.

Till then, you can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen after consulting your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.