Pain in lower abdomen, lower back, testicle. Prescribed CT Scan of abdomen. What could be the reason?

Ive just been to see the urologist. he had pressed on my right side directly below the rib cage and asked whether it hurt. I answered no but upon later investigation found that it did (quite a bit). The tests were to ascertain the reason for my testicle, lower abdominal and lower back pain. I was wondering what he was testing for when pressing. I am to have a CT of my abdomin to check for a hernia tomorrow.
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later

I understand your query and concern.
What I understand from your presentation is that the doctor is looking for any problem in the testes that has the potential to spread to the abdomen. That’s the reason for doing a CT to look for any possible cause.
Checking the abdomen is part of routine evaluation.
Any underlying structure from where the pain arises, it may give a clue how to proceed further, that is what tests to do and what to anticipate in the tests. The pain that youhad mentioned could be due to pain arising for the gall bladder, kidney or any swollen structure beneath (like lymph nodes).
Kindly wait for the CT RESULTS.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for any further queries.
Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan.