Pain in lower abdomen, back ache. Pregnant. Ultrasound done. Need help in understanding report

I'm 31 on my 4th pregnancy at 24 weeks. My latest test said. 1. Anterior low lyeing covering os ( between pubic symphysis and umbilicus) 2. Appears bulky. 3. Appears moth eaten with increased number and enlarged lucane. 4. Loss of hypoechoic area at the placental-myometerial interface. 5. There is loss continually of the bladdr wall superiorly. 6 increased vascularity at junction of bladder and uterine wall. Morbidly adherant placenta percreta.
Please can you tell me. I have lower sharp stabbing pain in lower abdomen area and ache in back. My next prenatal visit is not for 5 weeks. I have only my report but have not spoke to doctors yet. Can you give me your oppinion please.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The findings of your ultrasound are suggestive of a morbidly adherent placenta to the uterine wall which might be difficult to remove after delivery. The placenta in your case is also adherent to the urinary bladder wall.
This can be the cause of the lower abdominal pain that you are having. Extensive hemorrhage can happen during delivery and a bladder reconstruction surgery might be needed along with surgical removal of placenta.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.