Pain in legs from hips to knees. Having sciatica. Suggest a solution
User rating for this question
Hi doctor, I have a problem called sharatica. I have pain in my leg from hips till knees.. can you suggest the solution. it is been 3 years with this problem and it stops and again starts.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: You should get evaluated and get diagnosis & treat Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX......, Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic! You seem to be having some neurological problem as a cause for your symptoms unless proven otherwise.The backache radiating to buttocks and thigh and knee indicates a serious local cause affecting the spine.It can be a sciatica or disc prolapse related issue.You should get a thorough physical and neurological examination by a neurologist and get investigated to point out the exact diagnosis.You would need CT/MRI spine as suggested after the examination and follow the advise accordingly. Meanwhile you should avoid awkward postures, should use a hard bed for lying down, use local pain killer spray like one containing diclofenac gel.If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you. Wish you a great health!
People also viewed
- Constipation and narrow stool
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of myrbetriq?
- Sciatica pain and inflammation in hips and knee piriformis syndrome
- Contacts for farsightedness
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of afinitor?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to sciatica
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of valsartan?
- Sticky poop constipation
- Newborn constipation symptoms
- Suggest treatment for sciatica pain
- Cure for sciatica pain in left leg
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of benlysta?
- Constant runny eyes and nose
- Sciatica leg pain symptoms
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of tribenzor?