Pain in legs, colds, viral infection, medication, nutrition

Question
aching legs, feeling cold and run down I have had aching legs for two days now, but no other flu or cold symptons and last felt freezing. Went to bed early and took IBUCALM, 30 mins later I was roasting. This morning legs still felt sore but not so bad but has worsenned as the day has progressed?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
HELLO XXXXXXX

Since the symptoms have been since the past 2 days only, it does seem that you might be having a viral infection.

Usually viral fevers are severe to start with in the initial few days and once the immune response of the body starts the symptoms subside. You might see the symptoms reducing within a few days.

In the meantime taking medications like Ibuprofen thrice daily will help your symptoms as well as reduce the body temperature. In addition cold sponges might help the temperature too.

In the mean time take care to get rehydrated and keep up your nutrition. Lack of proper hydration can make you more weak.

In case the condition worsens and you are not able to tolerate them, visit to a doctor for a few blood tests and supportive medications and IV hydration might be helpful.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.