Pain in legs after chemotherapy with Taxol. Can I take an Aleve?

I just had my first round of chemo with Taxol the day before yesterday, following 4 rounds of adryomycin (?). I am having a lot of pain in my legs in particular and want to know if I can take an Aleve
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Most probably you have received Taxol for the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer. Its generic name is paclitaxel.

Body pains and especially leg pains are common side effects of Taxol. It stays for 4-5 days at the most. You can take pain-killers to counter it. Certainly you can take Aleve (Naproxen) for it. You can also take paracetamol along with it.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.