Pain in left side of chest after taking push ups. Could this be a heart problem?

Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please write the query in detail Detailed Answer: Hi, There seems no query appearing here. Please write it in detail so that we can discuss your health issues better. Thanks
Follow-up: Pain in left side of chest after taking push ups. Could this be a heart problem? 8 minutes later
I feel slight pain in chest slight left side from centre, the pain last from say a min or so.. It started the day i did pushups with the hands close to each other.. Im just worried that its been almost 7days but i still feel that slight pain at times... no indigestion, but have a gas problem for 7 months or so... I do smoke are 5 cigi a day and ONLY beer on weekends. i do regular workouts early morning.. run for are 20 mins covering 3Km and other light weight ex for 45mins weight is 69kgs I am worried is that a HEART problem I'm facing?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Should be muscle on the chest Detailed Answer: Hi, Heart related chest pains typically last more than 15 minutes and are excruciating over an area larger than the fist of your hand. Since the pain started after a work out you most likely injured a muscle on the chest or intercostals. They take a longer time to heal than a week. So I just suggest a VOLINI spray over the area when it hurts. Last thing and most important health measure that you should take is but 'obvious 'QUIT SMOKING'. Your healing and smoking are indirectly related and it increases the healing time. I appreciate your other healthy habits but all are nullified with your habit. Let me know if you have further inquiry.