Pain in left hand and abdomen. Having splenic marginal zone lymphoma. Is it related?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi. I have had moderate to severe left hand chest/abdomin pain. It goes from under arm down to my waist and seems to be worst when lying down. Fortunately slight releif after standing up for an hour or so although this is difficult when feeling so damn crook.
I have splenic marginal zone lymphoma but last visit with haematologist 2 months ago spleen was not too enlarged and blood tests were not worse than they have been for past year. Coukd this current pain be related ?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unrelated; please consult an orthopedician

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Your description of your pain points towards an orthopedic/ spine related cause. It looks like it is unrelated from your lymphoma. You should consult an orthopedician for your symptoms and visit your oncologist during your next scheduled appointment.
What therapy are you getting for your lymphoma? Sometimes some agents can have side effects like neuropathy, which can give rise to similar pain.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.