Pain in left ear after using the phone, stress, lack of sleep, fair amount of computer usage. Causes for ear pain?

Hi, i have a small query. can anyone help me out.
It is about my left ear that pains ( mild) after using my phone. I has been happening since last week. Maybe I am using my HTC Mozart too much. Any advise.
Once I use my phone and i rest, it goes down.It is possible that some water has gone into my ear but after some time, it goes away.

2) Last wek, it was very hectic. I didnt sleep and so had some stress.Now i slept and all my headaches are gone. feels much better. I also use the computer a lot and maybe i have an eye problem too..

Should I rest.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

You indicated in your question that you are dealing with some discomfort in your ear. In addition you have reported some stress as well as headaches in the recent past. I think it is safe to say that all this may be related.

Re: cellular phone use and the discomfort what you're experiencing I think this is somewhat of a coincidence. The cell phone itself is not likely contributing to your pain. what is more likely contributing to your pain is some inflammation inside your cure. As you may know there is some fluid behind the year and sometimes though fluid level can increase leading to discomfort and sensitivity. this can also contribute to headaches.

Using a computer for extended periods of time can also create eyestrain. this can also lead to headaches and sensitivity.

I have a few suggestions for you. First of all I would refrain from using the cell phone for at least a few days. You might consider using a Bluetooth attachment to see if this helps improve your symptoms. I would also consider purchasing a glare protector for your computer monitor. This can certainly help improve the symptoms of eye strain.

Finally and perhaps most importantly it is critical that you get adequate amounts of sleep. At least six or seven hours of sleep per night is generally necessary to achieve adequate rest. I think adequate sleep is extremely important to the overall improvement of the symptoms which you have reported.

I thank you very much again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert