Pain in left breast and did not have periods. Have a family history of breast cancer. What do you suggest?

Apr 2014

breast cancer is in my family history my nan had it iam 43 years old havnt had a period for about two years my left breast is giving me hell the pain is so so bad
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam and investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You should consult your doctor. First you need palpation of your breasts,so that any lump can be excluded and cause of pain can be found out. If there is any lump then mammography should be done and findings should be corroborated with sonography. Combined method is called as sonomammography. Further investigations like FNAC/Biopsy can be done accordingly. You should be more cautious regarding breast problems as you have family history. Self palpation of breast is the best method for screening of breast problems. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX