Pain in instep. Taken Neurofen without relief

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my instep coming and going since 5.00 this am. I took 2 Neurofen Plus but got no releif. The pain is like my foor got burned
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
There could be various causes for such a stabbing pain in your instep. However ost common causes are inflammation of the plantar fascia which lies underneath the skin of the feet. This mostly occurs cause of local trauma or sheer pressure of the footwear. You should give rest to the part, and start your self on painkillers and anti inflammatory drugs like seratiopeptidase. Meanwhile keep your feet immersed in warm water for 1-2 hours each day. It will generally take 1-2 weeks to resolve.
The other possibility is occurrence of infection and can be detected by the presence of fever. The same can be treated with antibiotic such as cefixime. All other drugs taken for plantar fascia inflamation should also be taken for this diagnosis.Then there is a also a distant possibility of traumatic pain but this cannot occur in the absence of trauma.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.