Pain in head, sporadic sleep schedule, fasting for Ramadan. Should I have a CT scan? History of breast cancer

Jan 2013

I have been experiencing a sharp jolt of pain through my head/brain(?) at different locations. It's like a nerve firing and it lasts about a few seconds (3-4 seconds) and goes away. It occurs three or four times a day.
I have been fasting for about 1 month during the holy month of Ramadan. And my sleep schedule is sporadic. I went to see a doctor, and she told me that it may be related to my sleep schedule changes. But, it's been over two weeks now after Ramadan, and my sleep schedule is back to normal. I'm not sure if I should have a CT scan. I am a two time breast cancer patient with sentinel nodes removed and they were clean. Had double mastectomy in 6/2010.

I've been noticing this for over a month now.

Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 29 minutes later
There are 15-20 types of headache have been defined and exact diagnosis is made only on the basis of history given by patient.
Do you have pulsating type of headache?
Do you have running nose and tears from eyes?
Do you have increasing headache after light exposure?
Sporadic sleep or in other words sleep disturbances are the precipitating factor for Migraine, the most common type of headache.
Pulsating headache, increasing after light exposure are diagnostic for migraine.
As you have past history of breast cancer, you should go for CT scan.
You should consult with physician / neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up. You should also take Anti-migraine medicines for rapid relief, if your system suggest migraine.
@nd most common headache is tension headache and associated with running nose & tears from eyes.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava