Pain in head, pressure in eye, cheekbone, numbness in temple region, loss of concentration. Had wounded my head. Is it serious?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Hi , I accidentaly hit the top left side of my head quite hard 10 days ago. The pain on the top of my head have subsided a little bit , but there is still weird pressure on the top and left side of my head as well as my left eye and cheekbone.I am also experiencing numbness on my left temple but not frequently.Because of this i tend to lose concentration . Do i need to go to a doctor or take any medications or wait for it to heal by itself?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 35 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for your mail.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious underlying brain injury and there is no need to worry about them.

There would have mild occasional headaches.

Also, there are small nerves in the scalp (skin over the head), which may have got mildly injured leading to numbness.

You would improve on your own over the next 2-4 weeks and there is no need to see a doctor or take medications at present.

Please keep me informed about your progress.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/