Pain in head and neck, x-ray normal, weakness, depression, digestion problems. May be cancer

Question
Dear Sir,
I have Pain on head past 1 year, starting the pain raise when i go to bed and take a pillow, after that the pain comes in spinal cord, Brain, Back neck and all body parts, i have cheked with physician and they suggest for xray, i did but nothing got posseive report, I shifted from Guragon to Jamshedpur, and problem was continue hence i chekced with Homeopathi Doctor, he suggest two medicine and from 1st day i got relief. I complte the 1 month course,
Now i have regular pain in my head and some times in neck, I feeling week and depressed, Digestion problem also have me, I feer the problem might be due to CANCER,
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 days later

Thanks for the question.

First of all symptoms are not suggestive of cancer.

Second important thing is that xray might not completely evaluate this.So ideal would be to get a MRI done.

Most likely problem in your case is cervical spondylosis or just muscle spasm.Pinched nerves are common cause of such pain. MRI can help to evaluate this.

First line of treatment is pain relievers and physiotherapy. Ideal approach would be to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pain in head and neck, x-ray normal, weakness, depression, digestion problems. May be cancer 1 hour later
Thank u so much for your precious suggestion.

I have approched with a doctor and he advice for MRI of brain,

some time the pain occure in diffrent place of body like Thigh, fingers, wrist, Spinal code, back side etc,

Is MRI can do in whole body and what the cost will chargs ? Pls suggest

Thanx a lot
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for follow up question.

MRI can be done for entire body, but generally there is no need to do limb MRI. MRI of each part, for example brain would cost around 5000- 6000 rupees.

Getting MRI of whole body done would be costly.So get MRI of brain and spine done.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Pain in head and neck, x-ray normal, weakness, depression, digestion problems. May be cancer 16 minutes later
Thanks a ton Mr XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
You are welcome.