Pain in head and limbs after ejaculation, being treated for back and neck injuries. What is the treatment?

pain after ejaculationAfter ejaculation I almost emmediately. start to have pain my head my arm and hands, my neck my rear end down my and legs and feet. I am currently being treated for back and neck injuries the pain is very intense and causing limited life activities the pain lasts 3 to 4 days. What is wrong what have done to myself what is the treatment. have permently injure myself. I am a male 60 year's old and a male.can you help me. my drs have ignored clam it my spine and neck also I walk crook. and I have headaches and cannot concentrate
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 12 hours later

Thank you for sending your question.

Regarding sexual or postcoital headache, is related to sexual activity usually at or near orgasm. Postcoital headache is commonly seen in men suffering from migraine or tension type headache. Classical headache is typically severe, throbbing, or explosive in nature, beginning at the moment of orgasm or shortly thereafter.

Beta blockers which are used to treat migraine may be taken daily to prevent both sexual as well as migraine headaches. Indomethacin, an anti-inflammatory, or triptans, a class of anti-migraine medication, can be taken an hour or so before sex to ward off headaches.

Regarding the pain in the arms and legs and history of recent neck and back injuries I personally feel could be related to myofascial pain and needs continuous physio and pain killer medications to attenuate the pain.

I am sorry you are dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope you can find yourself in better health soon with the help of your Neurologist. You need to be on medications to prevent migraine becoming more chronic in the future. Considering your age I would like to exclude hypertension as the cause of headache.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist.