Pain in hands and arm during period. Underlying cause?

Excellent

Question
Pain in hands and arm during period
What causes the pain ?

Why does it happen a week before my period and during my period
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Guru 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Excess release of a hormone called prostaglandins

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Excess release of a kind of hormones called prostaglandins usually causes this kind of pain in the middle of cycle and sometimes during menstruation. It also indicates that your joints are more sensitive to the changes in metabolic processes such as productions of excess prostaglndins. Usually it does not indicate a disease or other medical issue. However, other things have to be excluded based on physical findings by a Gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Pain in hands and arm during period. Underlying cause? 2 minutes later
Thankyou for your reply it is as I thought it has progressed over the years and generally at stressful times your answer was very helpful thankyou

Answered by Dr. Guru 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome, Take Care.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.