Pain in hand, bump in palm and wrist. Could this be aneurysm?

Jan 2013

I have had dull pain in my left hand and an hour ago I noticed a bump in the palm of my hand and wrist that appear to be my radial artery if I had to guess and you can see my pulse in both bumps. I have not damaged my hand in the past nor recently. Could this be an aneurysm?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be least chances of aneurysm formation in hand.
Aneurysm in body are formed at those places where sheer stress force and atherosclerosis is in process such as bifurcation of arteries.
Sheer stress forces causes damage to lining of major arteries and causes deposition of lipid stores in it.

Blood pressure in hands arteries progressively decreases and chances of steer stress is also very low.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ orthopedic surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for x XXXXXXX of affected site.

There is high chances of ganglion or muscle injury.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava