Pain in groin area, sickness, constipation

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i am a woman of 67 and have a bad groin pain making me feel hot and sick, i have not been to the toilet
very well in the last two days
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 24 minutes later

From the symptoms you have described you seem to be suffering from severe constipation.

Antihypertensive drugs do cause this problem. However it would be safe to rule out other causes in view of your age and co morbidities as well.

I would suggest you to go the ER (Emergency Room) at the earliest and get yourself investigated on an emergency basis followed by an enema which will relieve you of the discomfort.

Please do write back to me in case of follow up queries.

With regards