Pain in forearm near elbow after smoking meth. Is it related?

I recently smoked some meth, i'm having a pain in my left inside forearm close to my elbow? Related, should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 hours later

You have not mentioned your age but it does not seem to be related to meth smoking. There are other numerous side effects of meth but it does not cause pain in left inside forearm.

If you are above 35 years of age, then it is important to rule out any cardiac disease and the second possibility is of any muscular or neurological cause.
Apply warm compresses and take some analgesic like Ibuprofen after consulting your doctor.

Also apply some topical muscle relaxant on the area. If the pain persists then it is advisable to rule out any pinched nerve, any pain due to musculoskeletal causes and cardiac causes by an ECG done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.