Pain in foot and it is preventing from walking. Also having numbness in toes. Numbness goes away after sitting. Cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
pain in and around arch of my left foot preventing me from walking any distance.if I sit down for a while it gets relief its like this all the time now and got worse in the last few months.around the toes can go numb but when I sit down the numbness will go away.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us,

I have studied your case with diligence. According to your symptoms and age, I can give probable diagnosis as lumbar canal stenosis or lumbar spinal disc compression. But this can be confirmed only after examination by an orthopedic surgeon.

I would like to know from you that, your symptoms are aggravated on climbing stairs or on climbing down? Do you have burning in foot? Pain comes on walking fix distance or distance varies?

I will advise you to consult orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination and rule out peripheral vascular disease or spine problem, accordingly we can do further investigations like MRI.

According to my experience, you may need neurotropics with painkiller. Physiotherapy will also reduce your pain.

As you have undergone joint replacement, you need to be careful and fix your problem soon.

I hope that I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further.