Pain in elbow when bending or straightening after injury, no swelling or bruising. Suggestions?

okay so i fell and hit my elbow and it really hurt and now to bend or straighten it it hurts or if i bump it it hurts. i have no swellling or bruising just a minor lump on my elbow please give me some anwsers suggestions to make it feel better or whats wrong with it and if to see a doctor
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 26 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Sorry to hear about your elbow. I think you should try few things like - Avoiding any straining, immobilization ,ice application and oral analgesics for pain.

But this should be investigated with xray to see if there is any bony injury.Sometimes such injuries might need evaluation by MRI to look for tendon, muscle , joint effusion or ligament injury etc.

So a prior clinical evaluation needs to undertaken.

Hope this answers your question.