Pain in elbow bone following botox injection. Is this normal?

I had botox injections last my right eyebrow bone is this common?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 2 hours later
Hello..Welcome to XXXXXXX

Botox injections may cause pain at the point of injection .If the site of injection was at the point where it is hurting ,it might be due to the injection.
However, a delayed pain is uncommon. Those who experience pain due to Botox ,usually have it on the day of injection.

Some people develop a sensation of tightness after the first Botox injection.This is perceived as headache by many and arises 3-5 days after the injections are administered and the effects of muscle relaxation have started. However , this is very transient and should not last long.

In either case , you may take an anti-inflammatory medication to make the pain subside .In case pain is persistent ,you may consult your dermatologist .

Hope this is helpful.I will be happy to answer your follow up queries .

Best Wishes,