Pain in clitoral hood during masturbation, reddish and swollen area. What is it?

Hi, during masturbation I felt pain on my clitoral hood so i went to see what this could be in the mirror and i noticed a redish and swollen area in the edge of the clitoral hood .It doesn't hurt while walking but only during sexual activity and the pain makes me stop doing it.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

If there is no associated discharge from the vagina and only isolated swelling of the clitoris , it could be due to trauma.

Since the clitoris is a sensitive organ the pain intensity would be more than the inflammation.

Need not worry, few days of strict abstinence would help it to heal and reduce the problem to nil.

Do take Tab Motrin 400 mg after food twice daily for three days.This will reduce the inflammation and provide you relief.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.