Pain in chest with burning sensation. Is it muscle pain or due to inflammations?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Today i had the pain once again.I was ok for the last week and today are no where this sharp stabbing pain on my the left side of my chest that comes and go..Some time feels like a burning sensation.Could this be muscles or inflammations?? I XXXXXXX think that's is my hard which is good but the pain dose freak me out.Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 hours later
Hi

Thanks for your query

Please give me some more details on your MVP.
Also is the pain short lasting or constant and what triggers it?
Do you have any associated palpitations?

Once you let me know these I will get back to you.

Follow-up: Pain in chest with burning sensation. Is it muscle pain or due to inflammations? 11 hours later
No palpitation.Noting really triggers it the pain comes are no where even when I'm relaxing.My MVP has a very little leak and it is not getting any worse.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
In that case I guess you should go on low dose beta blockers.

Have yourself evaluated for contraindication by physician; and if none you can be started on low dose beta blockers.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Pain in chest with burning sensation. Is it muscle pain or due to inflammations? 4 hours later
Why beta blockers? If it is not hard related i don't want to start taking medications.My buddy is like a temple and i need to be 110% sure before i commit to medications.What about Microvascolare decease? What about the artery in my neck could that be a cause?

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 7 hours later
Your description of pain doesn't seem to fit description for micro vascular angina.

And about your neck artery you have not described anything! Do you have any problem with it? If so please write to me about it.

Idont know if i have a problem with artery in my neck.Lately i did experiance a little pain in my left neck.I'm just guttering allot of info to understand what can cause my pain.What micro vascular angina feels like?

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 19 hours later
Neck pains are very less likely to related to artery.

Pain related to microvascular angina will be substernal and more like heaviness or non-discrepant, and usually precipitated by activity and relieved with rest.