Pain in chest, vomiting after food, history of acid reflux. Diet, exercise and precaution?

dear sir , my history is suggestive of Acid reflux disease(due to hyperacidity), also known as Heart burn. what are steps and prevention i has to take , from the above disease , any workouts ,specify food died pls , daily iam taking pan 40 morning , but in night daily after food vomiting as came, so mush of pain left side chest side
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later

Thanks for consulting me.

Considering your history you seem to be suffering from GERD (Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease). I would recommend the following regarding management:

1. Continue PAN D (1 tablet in the morning) or as prescribed by your doctor. If you have been taking PAN D for more than 1 month without relief, you can change the molecule to (Esomeprazole + domperidone) (1 tab in the morning). You may also take the anta acid syrup 30 minutes befor bed time. You can get it prescribed from your doctor, as these are prescription medicine.
2. Do not be without food for long hours ( more than 4 hours).
3. Eat small frequent meals.
4. Elevate the head of your bed 2 to 6 inches with something hard. do not use extra pillows.
2. Avoid Foods aggravating symptoms like spicy and fatty foods, tomato and citrus juices (such as grapefruit and orange juices), chocolate, mints, coffee, tea, colas, and alcoholic beverages.
3. Do not lie down for 2 hours after eating. Allow gravity to work. Also, avoid bending over at the waist to pick up things; instead bend at the knees. You can have an evening walk after dinner.
4. Stop Smoking if you are a smoker.
5. Limit Coffee intake. Also Limit consumption of other caffeine containing beverages (tea, soft drinks) may also be helpful.
6. Avoid Tight Clothing: Tight belts, tight pants or girdles can increase the pressure on the abdomen.
7. Maintain your weight, so that your BMI (body mass index calculated as weight(kg)/height(in metre square) is between 28 to 30.

Hope this helps to solve your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Pain in chest, vomiting after food, history of acid reflux. Diet, exercise and precaution? 53 minutes later
Thanks for reply, always there i pain in left chest whether i will cause heart problem for future,
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

No. If the cause of your left sided chest pain is due to GERD, there is no risk of developing cardiac disease in future due to this.

But, there is independent risk of cardiac disease depending on life style you follow.

You need to maintain a healthy life style and should not ignore any other chest related symptom if it develops.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. Wish you a healthy and symptom free life.