Pain in chest. ECG resulted normal. Is duzela powerful? How to reduce cholesterol?

I am having pain in my chest from the past 20 days.I took my ECG and it is normal.I consulted a doctor and he told suggested me to take Duzela 30.Is this medicine a good one?Is it a powerful one?My cholesterol count is 202.How can i reduce it?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Duzela is composed of Duloxetine which is an potent anti depressant and an anti anxiety drug.Long term or irregular use may have bad effects on health by causing addiction and may also present with withdrawal side effects once stopped without tapering the dose.It does help you for your problem of chest pain if it is due to anxiety.Do strictly follow the course advised by the doctor , do not be irregular on the dosage.

Reduction of cholesterol is best achieved by diet , by avoiding fatty and high carbohydrate foods and by increasing protein and fibre content.There are medications which reduce the cholesterol but your blood level of cholesterol is not too high needing medications.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.