Pain in cervix, cervical growth, white discharge. had hysterectomy for endometriosis. family history of uterine cancer, fibromyalgia. Treatment ?

i had a hysterectomy 2 years ago after 2 years of endometriosis. i still have my ovaries and my cervix. i have been getting an extremely painful stabbing feeling that happens in my cervix and my belly button at the same time. i examined my cervix and it is opened at the end~ feels almost quartered~ and it feels as though there is something growing out of it. i do not bleed but upon my 'inspection' i did have a heavy white liquid different from a normal discharge. nothing happened when i scraped the growth and there is no pain. i do have fibromyalgia and a long family history of cancer. i just lost my mother 2 years ago at age 57 to uterine cancer. i know the best way to find out whats wrong is to go to the doctor. i am, however, scared for the first time about my health and am nervous to go. i am in a monogamous relationship and have had no sexually transmitted diseases. my last gyno visit was 8 months ago and all was good.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

I have read your problem with concern and can understand your apprehension in seeing a doctor.

A small growth seen on the cervix with a history of all normal examination eight months ago might just be the 'normal' anterior lip of cervix with a heavy discharge due to fungal infection. Sometimes to an untrained eye, the anterior lip of cervix looks like a swelling.

For an actual diagnosis, a direct clinical examination is a must. This is one of those problems in which there is no substitute for direct examination.

I encourage you to visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

Hope this answer is acceptable to you. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.