Pain in calf of leg, throbbing knee, bruises on leg. Have arthritis. Taking aspirin. Suggest treatment

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi I have pain in the calf of my leg, no swelling, no redness just pain, many years ago I had a pe in my lung, I have been doing a lot of XXXXXXX painting of house, climbing ladder etc, and have a few bruises further up that leg, I also have a form of arthritis from psoriasis and that knee is throbbing a bit, never had a blood clot in leg, just lung many years ago,on asprin daily
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in the calf without any redness or tenderness or a visible swelling is not likely to be due to a deep vein thrombosis.
The pain in the calf could be due to-
1.Muscle pain-Muscle pain or myalgia is a common cause and may be due to overuse (mild trauma) or associated with the generalized aches and pain of an infection.
2. Muscle cramps: Muscles may cramp, causing significant pain. This may be due to a lack of stretching or an imbalance of electrolytes in the bloodstream. You need to get your serum sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium levels checked.
The bruises on the leg may be due to the aspirin that you are taking. A reduced doses and proper treatment is needed after a physical examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.