Pain in breast due to cyst, prescribed Cbin, MEC GLA. Done mammography and FNAC. Should I continue medication?

General Surgeon
Question
I had pain in right breast which was very minor earlier..although it was severe in past 3-4 months, hence had visited Gynaec in May'12..post some t6ests like Mammography, FNAC and sonography, it has been diagnosed as Simple cist in right breast...Gynaec had prescribed me some medicines which I took for next 2 months...but the pain still occurs...not severe..and even i can fill the cist...should i continue with the medicines or need to undergo the same tests again...the medicines prescribed were CBin,MEC GLA and SN-15
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 46 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

As the tests had shown simple cyst of right breast, you need not worry too much about the lump you feel. Just keep doing self examination every month to see if the size of the cyst is increasing or not.

As for pain, I would like to know if you feel same severity of pain throughout the month or is it more severe during menstruation?

Meanwhile, I would you to take pain killer like diclofenac / SN 15 (Nimesulide) as and when the pain is severe.

Looking forward to hear from you soon...

Dr. Rajat Gupta

Follow-up: Pain in breast due to cyst, prescribed Cbin, MEC GLA. Done mammography and FNAC. Should I continue medication? 39 minutes later
Thanks for your feedback..

About the pain it is not severe and i get 2-3 times in a day..it is like something pinches me there..

As u said, I would observe the size of cyst and would take the medicine as n when required.

Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 4 minutes later
Hello and thanks again,

To simplify, my suggestions to you are as follows:
1. Keep doing self examination of breast to see for any change in size of cyst.
2. Take pain killers when the pain is severe. Don't take excessive medications.
3. Get mammography done yearly.

I will be available here if you need further suggestion in future.

Do not forget to close this discussion if you have no queries for now.

Dr. Rajat Gupta