Pain in breast due to burn, painful. No medication has helped.

I have a Burn on my breast I have tryed everything for the pain and nothing has helped
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand your pain in the breast due to burns is of concern.

Broadly, any burn on the body is categorized as 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree. I would assume yours is a minor 1st degree with pain for now.

Yes, the pain will really hurt and over the counter medicines/home remedies may not help you. For this you might need powerful analgesics after prescription and examination by the doctor.

I presume you have tried ice packs/butter/topical antibiotic ointment etc. You can also use Silver Sulfadiazine cream but you will need to get it prescribed from a doctor.

You would also need a top up of tetanus toxoid if you have not been recently injected. So, get a jab soon.

Pain will subside when you have taken good first aid care, and continue with good analgesics.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.