Pain in back, wrist and ankles. Having sensitive stomach. Having low levels of vitamin D. Allergic to wheat and yeast. Advise?

Hi, The past year I've been dealing with a bunch of pain in my back / neck and in my wrists and ankles. I've also had a sensitive stomach for years, but was beginning to think everything could be linked. As a result I've been in pursuit of what is actually wrong, and have had some tests done recently. My standard bloodwork came back normal, except for low levels of Vitamin D. The test I'm concerned about is the XXXXXXX test which came back at 3.2H. The only results I have read online are for the titer test that measures in ratios. My question is if the ELISA test of 3.2 is comparable to the standard test of 1:320? I've also been told I have allergies to wheat, yeast, and dairy. Any insight to the 3.2 H number is greatly appreciated. My sed rate was 19 (range of 0-20 normal per this test), Free t4 and free t4 and TSH all normal, Ferritin at 31 (range of 5-148 per this test), RA factor 5. Waiting on Celiac disease panel. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less likely to be lupus

Detailed Answer:
hi, XXXXXXX is a sensitive test for lupus and connective tissue diseases. However it is recommended to do this test by a particular method called indirect immunofluorescence. This gives us results in titers.
So basically ELISA is not recommended as it may not give us true results.

Also it is worthwhile getting this test done only if you have other features of connective tissue diseases apart from joint pains like rash, photosensitivity, oral ulcers, serositis, fever, severe abdominal symptoms.
Since even normal people may test positive for XXXXXXX in 10-20% cases but may be in low titers.
So I would recommend you concentrate on the low vitamin D levels, as they are known to produce aches and pains, and supplementation with vitamin D generally relieves people of their symptoms.
So please let me knw in case you have any doubts.