Pain in back, thighs and shoulder blades with weakness and headaches. Can use of bleach cause this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
What can cause sever muscle / bone ache through thr lower back, upper back thighs and center of the shoulder blades? I ache so badly that I can't sleep more than an hour or so..Weakness, sever headaches at times. Only releif I have found is soakining in a hot tub. I just got over pneumonia roughly a week ago. I cleaned an office & disinfected with lot of bleach a few days prior to symptoms. Could that had anything to do with it?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

What appears from your symptoms is post pneumonia malaise

There is myalgia [inflammation of muscles during infection in the body] with recovery the muscles take time to recover and pain a lot till the body is completely in positive state of metabolism

The best medicine will be take therapeutic doses of Vit C 500mg twice a day

Vit B Complex once a day

If not allergic to muscle relaxants take Chlorzoxazone twice a day after meals

There are some instances where patient have suffered from myalgia after lot of bleach exposure

Anyway the treatment remains same

Hope all clear, Do accept the answer if no further queries

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Pain in back, thighs and shoulder blades with weakness and headaches. Can use of bleach cause this? 5 hours later
Would it also account for the pain XXXXXXX in the center of the chest? Not like pain from the heart or necessaryly the lungs. I can breath XXXXXXX and exhale slowly with out pain but feel it when walking or moving. Pain scale 1-5 it would be a 1 (discomfort. Thank you for your help.

Hi

Thanks for posting your query

The pain you describe needs evaluation, I would like you to get a fresh xray of Chest done

Basically when was the last xray done ?

If the xray turns out normal forget and move about it will pass on with passage of time

If there is some element of pleura [the membrane covering the lungs] that is inflammed, you will need to continue with antibiotics and chest physiotherapy

If the pneumonia patch has not resolved competeley again you will need to continue antibiotics

Else reassure yourself it is matter of time only

Hope all clear,Do accept the reply if there are no further queries

Get well soon