Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain in arm during urination, does not depend on posture while urinating.

hand pain when urinatingI am an 86 year old woman who is experiencing unbelievable pain in my right hand whenever I urinate. It does not seem to matter how I sit. It only starts and stops when I am urinating. It has been going on for about 2 weeks.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

I believe the pain is on the right hand side of the abdmen and not in the right hand.

For this pain while urinating you need to be investigated further with ultrasound KUB (kidney,urinary bladder), urine examination and may be even urine c/s (culture sensitivity).

It could be stone in kidney.

Till you see doctor and get yourself treated for this condition you can start yourself on cranberry juice and drink enough fluids.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.